Quiche lorraine recipe
- 1 frozen savoury flan case
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup cream
- 150g bacon, chopped finely
- ¾ cup (30g) tasty cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the tart case on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Place chopped bacon on a baking sheet and grill for 10 minutes or until crisp. Pat bacon down well with paper towels to remove grease.
Sprinkle the chopped bacon on the bottom of the flan casing and then sprinkle the grated cheese over. Whisk together eggs and cream and pour the mixture over the bacon and cheese.
Bake on a baking sheet for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature.
- A Quiche Lorraine is traditionally a cheese and bacon quiche but there’s nothing to stop you from adding your own twist to this French classic! You can add anything you like to the mixture - asparagus, peas, or broad beans are great additions.
- This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder