3 ingredient mango ice cream recipe
This mango ice cream is creamy and delicious and fast if you keep those ingredients in the freezer. The best part is that it is healthy and your kids will love it.
- 2 mangoes
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
Cut cheeks from mangoes and scoop out the flesh with a large spoon. Place them with the peeled banana in a freezer bag and freeze overnight.
Remove from the freezer and allow to soften slightly for 5-10 minutes.
Place fruit in a blender or food processor with the coconut and blitz until smooth.
Serve with extra coconut sprinkled on the top.
- Omit the coconut if you prefer.
- This is a great way to use up excess ripe bananas. Peel them and freeze them whole.
- Another great ice cream recipe is our 2 ingredient ice cream - try it for a treat.
- This Chocolate banana ice cream has a touch of cocoa to delight your tastebuds.
- If you love minty ice cream then these Chocolate mint ice cream balls could be used in this recipe.
- This Ice cream cookie crunch has a great crunchy texture to contrast that smooth, creamy ice cream.
- If you don't have time for ice cream cones then try this Ice cream slice.
- Did you forget to buy the cones? This Ice-cream sundae is just as delicious.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.