Strawberry and pineapple kebabs with chocolate sauce recipe
Kids love making and eating these strawberry and pineapple kebabs. Serve them with warm chocolate sauce and they’ll be in party heaven.
- 8 small wooden skewers
- 1 punnet strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup freshly chopped pineapple pieces
- 1/2 cup demerara sugar
For the sauce:
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 150ml cream
Soak the skewers in a bowl of water for 30 minutes (so they don’t burn during cooking). Preheat the grill and line a tray with baking paper. Thread the fruit onto your skewers and sprinkle liberally with sugar.
Meanwhile, place the cream in a saucepan on medium heat. Once it reaches boiling point, remove from heat and mix through the chocolate pieces. Stir until smooth and completely melted and transfer to a bowl.
Place the tray of kebabs under your hot grill and cook for a few minutes on each side, until the fruit is blistering and hot. Serve warm with the chocolate sauce.
- Add in a few vanilla and strawberry marshmallows between the fruit pieces for something extra special.
- Sliced peaches are also delicious on these skewers.
- If you don't like your kebabs warm, these Fruit kebabs with yoghurt dip are delicious for hot weather.
- If you prefer your fruit in a bowl then this Hearts and stars fruit salad is perfect for celebrations.
- If you have a lot of strawberries then you should try this Strawberry dipping platter.
- These Fruity ice cubes are great in kids' drinks, especially on hot days.
- These Lunch box fruit kebabs are perfect as a crunch and sip snack.
- You can make these Strawberry pops for the table at your next party.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.