Mini baked bean muffins recipe
Mini muffins make a great snack for young children on the go or, as a lightweight snack for teenagers before sport. They’re also great to pass around as a quick bite with drinks or at family gatherings.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 rashers bacon, finely chopped
- ¼ small red capsicum, finely diced
- 1¼ cups self raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 45g butter, melted
- 220g can baked beans
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
Heat oil in a small non-stick pan, add the spring onion, bacon and capsicum and cook for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened. Remove from heat, drain on absorbent paper.
Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and gradually pour in the milk, egg and butter while mixing gently. Fold in the bacon mixture, baked beans and cheese until just combined.
Spoon batter into a lightly greased mini muffin pan and bake in a preheated oven of 180°C for 12-15 minutes, or until golden. Cool on a cake rack.
- Savoury muffins are a great lunch box option – healthy and nutritious, they will fill hungry tummies without filling up on sugar as well.
- This recipe was created by HEINZ BEANZ - fuel for families.