California Salsa recipe
This zesty salsa is a burst of sunshine for your tastebuds. Tomatoes, chilli and coriander make a beautiful mix to brush on barbecue meat or as a side to dip crunchy tortilla chips in.
- 1/2 medium brown onion (peeled)
- 1 small jalepeno chilli pepper (seeds and membrane removed)
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 ripe roma tomatoes (quartered)
Place the onion, jalapenos, coriander, lemon juice and 6 of the Roma tomato quarters into the Vitamix machine in the order listed and secure lid.
Select speed 1.
Turn machine on. Quickly increase to speed 5.
Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Reduce to speed 3 and remove the lid plug. Add in the remainder of the tomatoes through the lid plug opening.
Blend for an additional 10 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Do not over process the mixture, salsa should be chunky.
- If you don't have a Vitamix machine, put all ingredients into a blender and mix until just chunky.
- Store in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to three days.
- This recipe was created by Vitamix.