Butterfly Cakes recipe
Here is a delicious cupcake recipe, perfect to prepare with the kids. You could even change the lollies on top and make a whole range of different creatures. These creative cupcakes are sure to delight at any gathering.
- 1 quantity basic butter cake mixture (see butter cake recipe)
- 1 quantity basic butter cream (see butter cream recipe)
- 1 cup white chocolate melts, melted
- pink food colouring
- 200g packet peanut M&M's
1 strip red liquorice, cut into thin strips
Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper patty cases of choice.
Spoon cake mixture evenly into cases until 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Line an oven tray with baking paper. Working quickly, tint melted chocolate with pink colouring and fill piping bag. Pipe 2cm rounds onto tray. You will need 48. Tap tray firmly on bench to smooth out rounds. Set aside for 20 minutes, until firm.
Spread cooled cakes with butter cream. Arrange 4 or 5 M&M's down the centre of each. Position 2 chocolate wings on either side. Press two pieces of liquorice into one end to form antennae.
- Make these cakes even easier by tinting butter cream pink and using white chocolate melts for wings.
- This recipe was created by Woman's Day.