Cream egg cheesecake recipe
A serious Easter indulgence - this Creme egg cheesecake will impress everyone, especially the kids!
- 1 pkt (250g) Milk Coffee biscuits
- 1/2 cup (125g) butter, melted
- 1 container (600ml) thickened cream, lightly whipped
- 3/4 cup (140g) icing sugar, sifted
- 2 x 250g blocks cream cheese
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 3 Cadbury Creme Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup white chocolate
- 4-6 drops yellow food colouring
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
Step 1. Place the biscuits in a food processor and whizz until you have a sand-like consistency. Add the melted butter and blitz for about 10 seconds. Press this mixture into the base of a 24cm springform cake tin, pressing down firmly.
Step 2. Combine the whipped cream, icing sugar, cream cheese and lemon juice and zest and fold together. Smooth onto the biscuit base and flatten the top with the back of your spoon. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill completely - you’ll need at least four hours.
Step 3. Melt the chocolate, separately in glass bowls over a saucepan of boiling water. To the white chocolate, add a drop or two of the yellow food colouring and stir well. Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake and remove the side of the tin then transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle the three chocolates over the top of the cake in random patterns.
Step 4. Cut the Creme Eggs in half and place them around the cheese cake’s edges. Serve! ?
- To make the cream eggs easier to cut in half, pop them in the fridge for an hour or so before serving.
- If you’d like your chocolate decorations to be neater, place the melted chocolate in plastic Ziploc bags and snip off the bottom corner of each to make a little piping bag. Use this to decorate.
- We used gel food colour for this recipe.
- You will also love this cute Easter bunny breakfast. It is the perfect savoury start to Easter Sunday for your little ones.
- On the day you have your Easter egg hunt you could make these cute Bunny butt pancakes. They are just like those bunnies in the garden.
- If you love Hot cross buns you will love these Hot cross cookies. They are the perfect compromise and much faster to make than their traditional cousins.
- These Coconut cream eggs are perfect for when you need to know exactly what is in your Easter treats. The kids will also love making these with you.
- This Cream egg cheesecake is worthy of being the centrepieces for your special Easter dinner. It is easy to make ahead and will please the whole family.
- These Carrot topped cupcakes are topped with sweet marzipan but don't be fooled into thinking they are all sweet. The cupcakes under the carrots have a zingy lime flavour.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.