1-ingredient marshmallow cupcake icing recipe
Sometimes, icing the cupcakes is just a bridge too far. Here's a super-quick and yummy way to add icing to your cupcakes without getting out another mixing bowl.
- 12 x white marshmallows
- 12 cupcakes
Make your cupcakes as per the recipe.
Put them in the oven, but when they have three minutes left to cook, take them out and quickly place one marshmallow on top of each cupcake.
Put the cupcakes back into the oven for a further three to five minutes (or until the marshmallows melt.)
Hey presto! Your cupcakes are iced.
This is particularly delicious on chocolate cupcakes.
Hints and tips:
- You could experiment with pink marshmallows on these vanilla cupcakes.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
Find related cupcake recipes
- Basic cupcakes
- Chocolate coca-cola cupcakes
- Creamy raspberry filled cupcakes
- Egg-free yoghurt cupcakes
- Fruity lemon cupcakes
- Hummingbird cupcakes
- Jam doughnut cupcakes
- Quick Chocolate cupcakes
- Red velvet cupcakes
- Vanilla cupcakes
- Cookie monster cupcakes
- Princess Leia cupcakes
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Strawberry cupcakes