Chicken tacos recipe
These tasty chicken tacos are a great way to get the the kids to try something different. The chicken is like tiny pieces of chicken schnitzel only tastier.
- 400g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 pkt Old El Paso Crispy chicken seasoning
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 avocados
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 8 taco shells
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 2 cups tasty cheese, shredded
Place the seasoning in a ziploc bag with the chicken and shake to coat.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
While the chicken is cooking, mash the avocado with the lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper. Set aside.
Warm the taco shells and arrange the tacos by layering with lettuce, tomato, chicken pieces, cheese and then top with the avocado.
- If you don't have the crispy chicken seasoning you can replace it with a tablespoon of burrito seasoning and 1/2 a cup of breadcrumbs.
- Kids will love these and I like to set the ingredients out on the table so the kids can make their own.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.