Slow cooker hot chocolate recipe
This deliciously creamy hot chocolate will give your family a big hug from the inside. It is a great way to have a warm drink ready for a crowd and the vanilla and sweetened condensed milk makes it a decadent choice.
- 2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 6 cup milk
Place all ingredients into a crockpot or slow cooker.
Set the crockpot or slow cooker to a low setting.
Using a whisk, mix all ingredients together until well combined. Cook on low for 2 hours. Stop to stir every 30 minutes to ensure the chocolate chips are not melted onto the bottom. Serve and enjoy!
- This is definitely a decadent hot chocolate and not really meant for those on a diet.
- You can add extra milk or reduce the condensed milk if you don't like your hot chocolate too sweet.
- You could make this with white chocolate instead of milk chocolate.
- I like to serve this with little biscotti or some marshmallows.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.