Chicken haloumi burgers recipe
These delicious chicken and haloumi burgers are a winner with kids and adults alike. They make a great midweek meal, or can be added to a fabulous barbecue line-up when entertaining friends.
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 medium carrot, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 100g haloumi, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oregano, chopped
- 1/2 cup (45g) breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
To compile burgers:
- 6 small bread rolls
- tomato, spinach, cucumber, etc.
In a large bowl, combine all the patty ingredients except the oil. Use clean hands to mix well. Add more breadcrumbs if the mixture seems too wet. Season well.
Form mixture into six patties. Refrigerate until you are ready to cook.
Heat oil in a large frypan or on a barbecue plate. Cook patties for 5-6 minutes each side over a gentle heat. Check to ensure they are cooked through.
Cut bread rolls in half. Fill with salad ingredients and cooked chicken and haloumi patties. Serve with tomato sauce or chutney.
- Boost the vegetable content with some finely grated zucchini or sweet potato as well.
- Ensure you cook the patties over a very gentle heat so that you don’t end up with a burnt outside and raw centre.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidspot, New Zealand';s best recipe finder
Find More Hamburger recipes
- These Double burgers are just like a Big Mac in size but with the added salad.
- If you want to make a healthier version you can try these Healthy hamburgers.
- You can also try one of our other copycat burger recipes, Homemade KFC burgers. They are a delicious alternative to the drive-through.
- If you like lamb then these Spring lamb burgers are a great treat for party platters.
- These Tex Mex burgers have a Mexican spin on flavour with all the convenience of a burger.
- If you love the flavour of peanut Satay then try these Satay chicken burgers. They are perfect in mini form too.
- These Portuguese chicken burgers taste just like Oporto burgers and you can control the amount of spice that you like.
- Are you looking for a delicious vegetarian alternative to beef burgers? Try these Mushroom pesto burgers.