Cauliflower tabouli recipe
This delicious herby tabouli salad sings of summer. Make it gluten free by replacing traditional bulgur with blitzed raw cauliflower. Its texture and taste is reminiscent of the original, and it suits those on a wheat or gluten free diet.
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomato (halved)
- 1/2 unit continental cucumber (diced)
- 1/2 unit Spanish onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 100 ml extra light virgin olive oil
Roughly chop cauliflower. In a food processor, blitz it until it resembles couscous grains.
Pick leaves from parsley and mint and roughly chop. Shred spinach. Place in a bowl with remaining vegetables and blitzed cauliflower.
Combine lemon juice and olive oil to make a dressing.
Pour dressing over salad ingredients and combine. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Salad can be prepared and dressed ahead of time - just toss it well before serving.
- Choose firm, creamy white cauliflower with tightly closed florets.
- Vary ingredients according to taste. It is delicious with diced capsicum and shallots, and would be extra special with some crumbled feta or toasted nuts sprinkled over the top.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidpsot.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad