Marinated tofu steaks with sesame greens recipe
This healthy, tasty, veggie dinner is just right for busy mums and hungry families.
- 375 g firm tofu (thickly sliced)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 200 g broccolini (sliced)
- 100 g snow peas
- 100 g Chinese broccoli
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbs honey
Mix soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic and one teaspoon of sesame oil together and pour over tofu steaks. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better, really). Reserve marinade.
Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high and add tofu steaks. Cook for 3 minutes per side. If steaks are cooking too quickly and burning a little, turn down the heat.
While tofu is cooking, heat a wok to high, add remaining sesame oil, broccolini and a tablespoon or two of water. Cook for 1 minute before adding snow peas and Chinese broccoli, along with remaining water, reserved marinade and remaining water. Clamp on a lid and continue to cook for 2 minutes before serving with tofu steaks.
- Firm tofu comes in different flavours too - honey and soy is a particularly tasty one to try.
- If you can’t find Chinese broccoli, just use another green vegetable – beans, zucchini, bok choy.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.