Chinese barbecue fish sliders with coleslaw recipe
They're cute, they're healthy, they taste delicious and the kids will love them. It's another winning recipe
- 2 spring onion (finely sliced)
- 100 g carrot (grated)
- 100 g white cabbage (grated)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- spray oil spray
- 600 g white fish fillet (sliced into strips)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs water
- 8 burger bun (small)
Combine spring onions, grated carrot and cabbage with sesame oil and lemon juice. Set aside.
Heat a wok or frying pan on medium high and spray lightly with oil.
Add sliced fish and garlic and cook for 2 minutes before adding hoisin, soy and water.
Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until fish is cooked through.
Serve on buns topped with coleslaw.
- The secret to this recipe is the hoisin sauce - you will find it in the Asian section of the supermarket. It’s a Chinese barbecue sauce that’s smoky and sweet at the same time and goes well with just about everything.
- I’ve made my sliders with fish as it’s a great way to get more fish into our diet, but you could substitute it for sliced chicken, pork, beef or mince. Tofu would be perfect for a vegetarian option.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find related Chinese recipes
- Asian noodle salad
- Chilli garlic beef stir fry
- Chinese chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chinese chicken wings
- Chinese five spice pork and roast vanilla pear salad
- Chinese lemon chicken
- Chinese plum marinade
- Dim sims
- Five spice lamb and brocollini stir-fry
- Five spice pork with couscous
- Fried rice
- Healthy spring rolls
- Teriyaki chicken skewers
- Won ton noodle soup