Baked feta with pomegranate glaze recipe
As a shared starter or appetiser, this baked feta, with its rich red pomegranate glaze and toasted walnuts, is sure to impress your guests this Christmas. Pop it in the middle of the table and let everyone help themselves to the oozy hot cheese and sweet syrup.
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 200 g Greek feta
- 1/2 pomegranate (seeds removed)
- fresh thyme (for topping)
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 tbs pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbs honey
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). In a small pan, toast walnuts until golden and aromatic. Set aside.+\
Place feta in a small ovenproof fry pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are starting to brown.
Meanwhile, to make glaze, use a citrus juicer to extract as much juice as possible from a pomegranate half. Strain to remove pith. Place the juice in a small saucepan with molasses and honey. Warm over a gentle heat to melt the honey and molasses, being careful not to boil.
Carefully remove feta from oven. Drizzle over syrup. Top with walnuts, pomegranate seeds and sprigs of thyme. Serve with lavosh bread or gluten free crackers.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard