Thyme and fennel roasted almonds recipe
Sometimes there’s nothing better than receiving a handmade edible gift. These delicious thyme and fennel roasted almonds have a festive flavour and look lovely packaged up in cellophane. Make up a big batch and keep them on standby for last-minute Christmas gifts this year.
- 2 cup raw almonds
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbs thyme leaves
- 2 tsp salt flakes
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Toss almonds in a little of the oil. Place them in a single layer in a baking pan and roast for 8-10 minutes.
In a small frypan, toast fennel seeds for 1-2 minutes, shaking the pan continuously, until slightly brown and aromatic.
Combine toasted fennel, thyme leaves, salt and remaining oil.
Pour mixture over hot almonds and toss to coat.
- It’s always a good idea to check on the nuts a couple of times during roasting to ensure they’re not burning.
- Package up roasted nuts in cellophane bags and decorate with twine and a small sprig of thyme.
- I have used fresh thyme in this recipe but you could substitute dried.
- Use rosemary instead of thyme if you prefer.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard