Five spice chicken recipe
Give your midweek chicken dinner a makeover with a sprinkling of salty five spice. It’s mild enough for the kids to enjoy, yet enough of a diversion from run-of-the-mill roast chook to keep the adults coming back for more.
- 1 kg chicken pieces (bone in, skin on)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
Toss chicken pieces in oil, lemon juice, a pinch of the five-spice and a pinch of the salt.
Place chicken on an oven tray lined with baking paper, or in a roasting tray.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Make dipping spice by combining remaining five-spice with remaining salt. Serve chicken with salty five spice on the side.
- Serve with steamed rice and Chinese green vegetables for a complete meal.
- Buy chicken pieces or use a whole chicken and ask your butcher to cut it into eight pieces.
- You could use this recipe with chicken wings and serve as finger food at your next party.
Find related Chinese recipes
- Asian noodle salad
- Chilli garlic beef stir fry
- Chinese chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chinese chicken wings
- Chinese five spice pork and roast vanilla pear salad
- Chinese lemon chicken
- Chinese plum marinade
- Dim sims
- Five spice lamb and brocollini stir-fry
- Five spice pork with couscous
- Fried rice
- Healthy spring rolls
- Teriyaki chicken skewers
- Won ton noodle soup