Oreo bauble cookies recipe
These little Oreo bauble cookies are an incredibly easy way to bring some festive fun to the kitchen this Christmas - great to do with kids!
- 24 Oreo biscuits
- 200 g white chocolate
- green food colouring (liquid)
- red food colouring (liquid)
- silver cachous
Line a large baking sheet with baking paper, and unwrap the Oreo biscuits. Melt the chocolate either in a microwave, or in a heatproof bowl over simmering water.
Place each Oreo into the chocolate, one by one, covering it completely and then fish it out with a fork, and shake off as much excess as you can. Continue until all the Oreos are covered.
Divide the remaining chocolate between two bowls, and tint one green and the other red. Decorate the cookies to look like Christmas baubles - use the green to make a tree or wreath pattern, and decorate with sprinkles and cachous and the red for other accents.
Place in the fridge to set for at least an hour, and serve.
- These are great to do with kids! Pull out all your decorations and go nuts.
- Feel free to use dark or milk chocolate in place of white.
- Small, disposable piping bags are best to use for piping chocolate and can be found in most supermarkets.
- This recipe was created by Sarah Coates for Kidspot.