Kid-friendly microwave eggnog recipe
Our kid-friendly eggnog takes only minutes to make and tastes great!
- 3 tbs caster sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup full cream milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (to sprinkle)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg (to sprinkle)
Place eggs, caster sugar and vanilla into a medium bowl.
Whisk together well.
Add the milk and cream and whisk together until completely combined.
Pour the eggnog into two microwave-safe mugs.
Heat in 30 second bursts for 4-6 minutes (times will vary slightly according to your microwave). At the end of each 30 second burst, whisk the eggnog with a fork. The eggnog is ready when it’s hot – but do not allow it to boil.
Serve warm or chilled with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- If you divide the eggnog into 4 small serves simply reduce the cooking time to 2-3 minutes.
- Do not allow the eggnog to boil in the microwave – heat it in 30 second bursts, whisking with a fork each time.
- To make this an adults-only eggnog, simply mix through brandy, rum or bourbon after it has cooled slightly.
- Eggnog makes a lovely Christmas Eve drink – or why not leave a glass out for Santa!