Mini chocolate mint ice cream sandwiches recipe
Enjoy a hot Christmas Day with these deliciously simple choc-mint ice cream sandwiches … little kids (and big kids alike!) will absolutely love these yummy little mouthfuls. Best of all – they only take 5 minutes to prepare and they’ll be gone in an instant!
- 24 chocolate biscuits
- 2 Litre Mint chocolate-chip ice cream
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1 bottle Cottee's Ice Magic
Lay 12 chocolate cookies out with the flat side facing up. Match them with similar sized chocolate cookies and place them facing up too.
Scoop a spoonful of chocolate mint ice cream onto 12 of the cookies.
Place the leftover cookies on top.
Press the cookies together slightly so that the ice cream comes right up to the edges.
Working quickly, press the sides of the ice cream sandwiches into the sprinkles, so that all of the sides are covered.
Drizzle over the white chocolate Ice Magic.
- Using store-bought cookies means that these mini ice cream sandwiches are the perfect size for kids.
- You might find it easier to make the ice cream sandwiches in batches of 3-4, so that the ice cream doesn’t melt before serving.
- This is the perfect Christmas dessert – it’s so simple! In fact, the kids can even make their own – just lay everything out and let them create their own mini sandwiches.
- You can prepare these ahead of time and freeze in an airtight container until needed
- This recipe was created by Lucy Mathieson for Kidspot.