Three cheese and spinach pie recipe
Is there a better combo than eggs, cream and cheese? Whip them up into this scrummy filo pie that the whole family will enjoy.
- 6 filo pastry sheets
- 50 g butter (melted)
- 100 g baby spinach
- 1 cup tasty cheese (grated)
- 200 g feta (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup cream
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Brush filo sheets with melted butter and line a 24cm Springform cake tin, leaving plenty of pastry overhanging.
Layer spinach and cheeses into the pastry casing, reserving a little cheese back for topping.
Beat together eggs and cream, and season well with pepper.
Pour egg mixture into the tin. Sprinkle reserved cheese over the top. Scrunch up overhanging filo and fold in. Brush edges with butter. Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden and the egg has set.
- Enjoy straight from the oven or later at room temperature.
- You could add some sliced ham or fried bacon to the pie if you like.
- If you don’t have any filo, line tin with some puff pastry from the freezer.
- This would make a great lunch box filler or picnic food.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidspot.