Mini s'mores toast recipe
This tasty twist on the traditional campfire treat looks so cute on a party platter and tastes like heaven.
- 225 g dark chocolate buttons
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs grapeseed oil
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 packet white marshmallows
- 1 stick French bread
Melt the dark chocolate buttons in the microwave in short bursts of 20 seconds each.
Now add the caster sugar, honey, grapeseed oil, icing sugar and sea salt to the melted chocolate. Stir until it's all combined and smooth. Put it aside while you do everything else. It will thicken a little over time.
Slice the bread stick into thin rounds. Toast them under the grill until they are golden on both sides.
Spread each round with chocolate spread and top with one marshmallow each. Place under the grill again and keep an eye on them. Take them out when the tops turn golden. (Takes about 30 seconds, so keep your eyes on your fries!)
Put them on a platter and serve them warm. They won't last long!
- If you are not feeling up to making your own chocolate spread, you can just use Nutella.
- Make sure you slice the rounds of bread thinly so that you get a nice crunchy base for your S'mores.
- The chocolate spread will thicken after about three hours. If you keep it in the fridge you will need to take it out return it to room temperature before you use it.