Almond pancakes recipe
Here’s another gluten-free pancake recipe to add to your repertoire. With a wonderful nutty flavour from the almonds, and a hint of cinnamon, they’re a nutrient-dense and delicious breakfast that everyone will love.
- 200 g raw almonds
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- pinch salt
Blitz almonds in a food processor until finely ground.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
Add almond meal, sugar, cinnamon, flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until well combined. Set aside for 15 minutes.
Heat a non-stick fry-pan over medium heat. Grease lightly with butter. Add spoonfuls of batter and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully flip over and cook for a further 30 seconds. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with fresh berries and maple syrup, or poached fruits and yoghurt.
- You can buy ready made almond meal if you prefer.
- This recipe will work with most milk substitutes. Try almond, coconut or rice milk if you prefer.
- Make it dairy free as well, by substituting the milk as above, and using ghee, coconut oil or olive oil to grease the pan.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidspot.