Baked salmon with orange and ginger recipe
You'll feel super-virtuous when you make this delicious baked salmon for dinner. Not only is salmon a healthy choice but the clean flavours of orange juice and grated ginger really bring this pink fish to life.
- 800g salmon fillet, skin removed, pin-boned
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh dill leaves
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced (garnish)
Heat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced.
Line a shallow oven tray or dish with baking paper and place fillet on baking paper.
Make a few cuts in the salmon fillet (to allow the sauce to infuse the fillet).
Combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, orange juice, ginger, garlic and brown sugar and pour over fillet massaging the sauce into those cuts.
Place the tray into the oven and cook for 12 minutes for rare, or 17 minutes for medium.
Sprinkle over dill and spring onions.
This is fantastic with a green salad or steamed snow peas/broccolini.
- It’s best to get the fillet for this dish at a fish shop – fresh food markets are fabulous for this – and have someone pin-bone the fillet for you.
- I’ve also pan-fried some oranges for this dish. This is totally optional, but it looks lovely on the dish and gives an extra orange-flavoured kick for anyone who wants it.
- For a darker colour on top of the salmon, place it under the grill for the last 2-3 minutes.
- This recipe was written by Jay Rogers from The Moodie Foodie. You can follow The Moodie Foodie on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find related salmon recipes
- Asian salmon salad
- Baked salmon
- Baked salmon with leek and fennel
- Creamy smoked salmon pasta
- Creamy smoked salmon tagliatelle
- Family fish pie
- Salmon cakes
- Salmon filo pies
- Salmon fish fingers
- Salmon macaroni bake
- Salmon mornay
- Salmon sushi
- Salmon with chermoula potatoes
- Salmon with green salsa
- Salmon with miso noodle salad
- Salmon with zesty citrus salsa
- Salmon, corn and dill risotto