Fresh and raw zucchini noodle salad recipe
Zucchini noodles, zoodles, zucchini spaghetti or "zpagetti" - whatever you call them, they're the perfect choice if you follow a grain-free diet … or even if you don't! Bursting with vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, zucchini noodles make a super nutritious alternative to high-carb pasta.
- 1 zucchini
- 6 cherry tomato (halved)
- 8 kalamata olives (pitted, quartered)
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 1 splash extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 lime zest
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 portion goat's cheese (crumbled, *optional)
- chilli flakes (to taste, *optional)
Make the zucchini noodles – if you don’t have a spiraliser, use a potato peeler to make thick strips then cut them into thinner strips.
Pop the noodles into a bowl with the cherry tomatoes, olives, basil and rocket.
Make dressing by combining olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over salad ingredients and gently mix.
If you have time, allow the salad to sit for 10 minutes, then it’s good to go with an extra crack of salt and pepper. Add the crumbled goat's cheese and/or chilli if using.
- Goat's cheese and chilli flakes are optional extras - only add them if you want.
- No cooking needed for this recipe!
- This recipe was created by Brenda Janschek for Kidspot.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad