Chocolate chip banana cake recipe
This cake is a fun twist on a classic recipe. It makes a great lunch box treat for the kids and is also freezer-friendly.
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 unit eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup bananas (mashed)
- 50 g butter (melted)
Preheat your oven to 160C (140C fan-forced) and line the base and sides of a 20x10cm loaf tin with baking paper. In a large bowl, combine the self-raising flour, brown sugar and milk chocolate chips and stir to combine.
In a large jug, add the eggs, milk and melted butter and whisk together. Pour the wet ingredients as well as the mashed banana into the bowl with the flour mixture and gently stir until the mixture has just combined.
Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes or until the cake is golden and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake.
- Try using dark chocolate chips for a richer and more decadent flavour.
- Pop this cake into the freezer to enjoy as an occasional treat throughout the week.
- This recipe was created by Lauren Matheson for Kidspot.
Find more delicious cake recipes:
- 3 ingredient pineapple cake
- Banana cake
- Banana cake with butter frosting
- Banana cake with lemon icing
- Carrot cake
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Coconut cake
- Easter basket chocolate cake
- Easy banana cake
- Easy chocolate cake
- Lumberjack cake
- Peach and raspberry upside down cake
- Everyday chocolate cake
- Orange cake with orange icing