White bunny cupcakes recipe
Hop into Easter with these delicious bunny-themed cupcakes that are fun to make and super-easy to eat!
- 1/2 cup (125g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
Icing and decoration
- 1/4 cup (50g) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups (300g) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (20g) shredded coconut
- white marshmallows
- M&M's Mini
- Allen’s Kool Fruits
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Place cupcake papers in two 12-hole cupcake trays.
In an electric mixer, beat butter for 2 minutes until pale in colour and creamy. Add sugar one third at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for about a minute between each addition. Add the vanilla essence and beat until combined.
Sift flour and baking powder and add half to butter mixture with half the milk, mix until well combined. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
Fill cupcake papers so that they are three-quarters full. Bake cupcakes for about 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Transfer to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
Cream butter until pale and smooth. Add the milk and half the sifted icing sugar. Beat until well combined. Add the remaining icing sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
Spread icing thickly across the cupcake and sprinkle generously with coconut.
Cut a marshmallow in half and stretch slightly and press into the icing to create bunny ears.
Place two M&M's Mini into the icing to create eyes and one Allen's Kool Fruit to create the nose.
- This cupcake recipe is the perfect plain vanilla cupcake recipe - you can use this as a foundation for all sorts of cute and fancy cupcake decorations.
- If you want to make 12 big muffin-style cupcakes, they will need to be cooked for about 20 mins.
- This recipe was created by the Kidspot Team for Kidspot Kitchen recipe finder.