Greek chicken plate recipe
Take a trip to the Mediterranean with this simple and delicious Greek chicken recipe. It's great for a quick and easy dinner or lunch, and not only is it healthy and nutritious, but it's hearty and filling to keep you satisfied for longer - and it tastes absolutely divine!
- 125 g chicken breast (cut into cubes)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 lemon
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbs Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber (finely sliced)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 Spanish onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomato (sliced)
- 1/2 slice Lebanese bread
- 1/4 lemon (cut into wedges)
Combine chicken, lemon zest and oregano and set aside.
In a second bowl, combine yoghurt and cucumber and set aside.
Heat oil over medium heat and add onions. Add chicken and cook until browned through.
Serve the chicken with onions, yoghurt mix, chopped tomatoes, Lebanese bread and a lemon wedge.
- This meal is full of protein and good carbs to keep you full and satisfied for longer.
- Use wholemeal Lebanese bread for a healthier option.
- This recipe was created by Jacqueline Burrell for Kidspot.