Fairy bread French toast recipe
Butter French toast sprinkled with a little fairy magic, with lemon-scented topping and sprinkles!
- 4 slice brioche
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g cream cheese
- 1 tbs lemon zest (finely shredded)
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tbs butter
Slice 4 thick pieces of brioche and set aside. In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and vanilla. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon zest and sugar together until smooth.
Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add half the butter, and let melt. When the butter is foaming, dunk a slice of the brioche on both sides in the egg mixture, and place into the pan. Repeat with a second slice.
Cook the French toast, for about 2 minutes a side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with remaining slices.
To serve, top each slice with some of the lemon cream cheese, and a generous helping of sprinkles.
- Brioche is especially delicious, but any soft bread will work for this recipe.
- Replace the lemon with any citrus you prefer, or even vanilla.
- Keep each piece of un-topped French toast warm in a low oven, as you cook the rest.
- This recipe was created by Sarah Coates for Kidspot.