Chicken, cheese and corn sausage rolls recipe
These freezer-friendly chicken, cheese and corn sausage rolls will make a great addition to your next birthday party table and are also a delicious snack the entire family will enjoy.
- 500 g chicken mince
- 1 1/2 cup tasty cheese (grated)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 200 g corn kernels
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 sheet puff pastry (partially thawed)
- 1 egg (extra, lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds (*optional)
Preheat your oven to 210C (190C fan-forced) and line two trays with baking paper. Place the chicken mince, grated tasty cheese, grated carrot, breadcrumbs, one egg, corn kernels, mixed herbs and salt and pepper into a large bowl and mix to combine.
Cut a sheet of partially thawed pastry in half and brush one long side of each piece with a little of the lightly beaten egg mixture. Place an even amount of the chicken, cheese and corn mixture in the centre of the pastry.
Roll up the pastry to enclose the chicken mixture and cut into four pieces.
Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with more of the beaten egg mixture and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Repeat until you have used all of the chicken mixture and pastry.
Place the baking trays into the oven to cook for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- The poppy seeds are optional - you could use none, or even a different kind of seed if you prefer.
- Make a big batch of these and then pop them in the freezer to reheat and eat whenever you need a quick dinner or lunch option.
- Have a plate of these at your next birthday party!
- This recipe was created by Lauren Matheson for Kidspot.