Chocolate s’more cookie sandwiches recipe
Soft and chewy cookies made from dark chocolate, smothered with marshmallows and more chocolate - these deliciously decadent cookie sandwiches are the perfect dessert treat!
- 100 g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 40 g unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 unit egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup plain flour (sifted)
- 1/4 cup Dutch cocoa powder (sifted)
- 2 tsp baking powder (sifted)
- 100 g malt biscuits (crushed)
- 24 unit white marshmallows
- 50 g dark chocolate (melted, extra)
Place the chopped chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of just simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 1–2 minutes or until well combined. Add the egg, vanilla and cooled chocolate and beat to combine. Add the flour, cocoa and baking powder and beat until combined. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes or until firm.
Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced). Place the crushed biscuits in a bowl. Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into 24 balls and roll in the biscuit to coat. Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, allowing room to spread. Cook for 8 minutes or until the surfaces crack and the edges are crispy (the centre of the cookies will still be soft). Allow to cool completely on the trays.
Place 2 marshmallows each on 12 of the cookies. Spread the extra melted chocolate on the remaining cookies and sandwich together with a marshmallow cookie. Using a kitchen blowtorch, lightly toast the outside of each marshmallow to caramelise.
- These are perfect to bring to a party or a dinner - or you can enjoy them for yourself at home!
- Try using milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate if you want less of a rich flavour.