Ham and zucchini pikelets recipe
These ham and zucchini pikelets are a great savoury breakfast idea, snack or even lunch option! They are delicious served warm with a little tomato relish on the side or you can also freeze them to enjoy another time.
- 1 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cheese (grated)
- 200 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 60 g butter (melted, cooled)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 zucchini (grated)
- 80 g ham (deli) (thinly sliced)
- 1 scoop butter (extra, for greasing)
Sift the self-raising flour into a large bowl, add the grated cheese and stir to combine.
In a jug, add the milk, egg, cooled melted butter and a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk together.
Place a non-stick frying pan onto your stove over a medium heat and add a little butter. Use a tablespoon to scoop up the pikelet mixture and place six of them into your pre-heated frying pan and cook for two minutes. Carefully flip the pikelets over and cook for a further one minute.
Transfer the cooked pikelets to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat until you have used all of the mixture.
- Prepare the mixture ahead of time and keep it in the fridge to whip up for a quick snack or meal when you need it.
- Add in extra carrots or other veggies if you've got them lying around.
- This recipe was created by Lauren Matheson for Kidspot.