Cornflake chicken sliders recipe
These yummy Cornflake chicken sliders make great kids fare for birthday parties or sleepovers!
- 2 x 200 g chicken breast
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbs buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup corn flakes (ground)
- 1 spray olive oil spray
- 1 zucchini (shredded)
- 3 tbs whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbs tomato sauce
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- 12 dinner roll (cut lengthways)
- 12 cherry tomato (to garnish)
Preheat your oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Slice each chicken breast into 6 equal sized pieces, giving you a total of 12. Gently tap them flat with the side of a knife or rolling pin.
Rub the cornflour and a little salt into the chicken pieces. Add the buttermilk and coat the chicken evenly.
Dust each piece of chicken in the ground corn flakes and arrange on a lined baking tray. Spray each gently with the olive oil and bake for 12 minutes.
While you’re waiting, combine the shredded zucchini with 1 tbs of mayo to make the slaw. For the burger sauce combine the remaining mayo with the peanut butter and tomato sauce.
Remove the chicken from the oven. Arrange the sliders with sauce first, then chicken then a small pile of slaw. Slide a skewer through a cherry tomato and then through the top of the burger to keep everything in place.
- The best kids jobs here are mixing the sauce and the slaw, coating the chicken with cornflake crumbs and assembling the burgers.
- You can also use the chicken as a meal on its own with some salad, like a healthy chicken nugget.
- This recipe was created by Adam Clements for Kidspot.