Teriyaki beef recipe
- 500g rump steak, thinly sliced and fat removed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons Honteri mirin seasoning (available in the international section of supermarkets)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 1 cup capsicum, chopped
- 2 cups Chinese broccoli (regular broccoli will be fine – it just needs to be cooked a little longer)
In a small bowl combine the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil and brown sugar, stir to combine then put to one side.
Heat wok on high heat until very hot.
In two batches, add onions and beef strips to the wok together with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to combine then sear in wok until meat is brown.
Once all the meat is browned, reheat wok until very hot and add vegetables, sauté with lid on until wilted, tossing occasionally.
Add meat and onions followed by the sauce mixture. Stir to combine, pop the lid back on and simmer for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, tossing to combine.
Remove from heat and serve with boiled rice.