Chicken mango and coriander salad recipe
- 500g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, halved
- Warm water, for poaching chicken
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 60mls (1/4 cup) peanut oil
- 2 small fresh red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 (about 500g) mangoes, peeled, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 4 green shallots, sliced
- 50g snow pea sprouts
Place chicken fillets in a medium frying pan.
Add enough warm water to cover and add salt and pepper to taste.
Cover the pan and poach the chicken over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
Place chicken fillets onto a plate, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cooled.
Meanwhile, combine 2 tbs lime juice with peanut oil, chillies and brown sugar in a screw-top jar.
Shake until well combined.
Cut the cooled chicken breasts lengthways into 1 cm-thick slices.
Combine the chicken, mango, coriander and green shallots in a large bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad, season with salt and pepper and toss.
Toss through the snow pea sprouts and serve.