Lemonade scones recipe
- 1 cup of lemonade (not flat)
- 1 cup of cream
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- Handful of sultanas (optional)
Preheat oven to very hot 220°C.
Mix flour, a few sultanas if used, cream and lemonade. Mixture will be soft
Turn onto a lightly floured board. Pat down, do not roll. Use a round cookie cutter to cut scones.
Brush tops with milk or a lightly beaten egg.
Bake for about 10 minutes, or until tops are golden
- When you turn the mixture out onto the kitchen bench, dust it again with more flour so it isn’t too sticky to cut up. This will allow you to get a lovely ‘scone’ shape.
- I prefer using egg to brush pastries as this makes them more golden after cooking.
- According to my husband, my ‘handful’ of sultanas was not enough, so if you’ve got a family keen on sultanas, add a 1/3 cup of sultanas instead!
- These scones are wicked straight out of the oven with a slathering of butter (yum!).
This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for
’s best recipe finder. Kidspot, New Zealand