Sweet potato mini pizzas recipe
4 - 6
- 3 sweet potatoes, sliced into thick rounds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- 4 rashers rindless bacon, diced
- 1 cup small basil leaves
Preheat oven to 200°C. Slice sweet potato into rounds. Toss rounds with salt and teaspoon oil. Place onto two baking sheets in one layer and roast for 10 minutes or until just tender and remove.
Spread sweet potato rounds with tomato paste and top with cheese, bacon and one basil leaf.
Cook at for 8 more minutes or until the cheese is melted and bacon is golden.
- If your kids won’t even consider eating a pizza that’s not topped with pineapple, try adding fresh diced pineapple – it will add a lovely acidic bite to the salty bacon.
- For a more adult version, try adding a shake of dried chili.
- Use chopped and crushed fresh tomato for a healthier version.