Sherbet is an old-fashioned favourite sweet for children. Now you can make it at home using simple ingredients like jelly crystals, baking powder and icing sugar. Delicious and so easy that your kids can make it with you.
- 1 tsp citric acid
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp jelly crystals (any flavour you like)
- 1 tsp baking soda
Pour all the ingredients into a cup.
Mix them well.
- This is a fun sweet to make for birthday parties. Simply pour the mixture into colourful paper bags and include a paddle pop stick for licking off the powdery fizz.
- Needless to say kids love this old-fashioned sweet. Also thrill them by making giant freckles which are another favourite treat from yesteryear.
- Tim Tam cake pops, which little ones can also carry around the party, are another fun recipe to make at birthdays.
- Kids love this sherbet? Turn your kitchen into an old-fashioned lolly shop by making your own caramel and chocolate fudge as well. Also check out this recipe for 2 ingredient fudge.
- Little ones will love helping you to pour and mix the ingredients used in this recipe. For another fun fizzy confectionary recipe, try making golden honeycomb.
- This recipe is so easy with only four ingredients and no cooking required. For another easy-peasy treat, try making coconut roughs which only have two ingredients – chocolate and coconut. Mmmm!
- If you want to make a healthy treat for the kids instead of this naughty but nice sherbet, chocolate power balls are sweetened with natural dates and honey.
- Thanks to our sister company Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.