Mini rock cakes recipe
- 1¾ cups self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp custard power
- ¼ teaspoon mixed spice
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup sultanas
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ -1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp caster sugar, extra
- Butter to serve
Preheat oven to 190°C.
Sift flour, custard powder and mixed spice into a large bowl.
Rub in butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar and sultanas.
Make a well in the centre. Add egg and enough milk to make a moist dough with a firm consistency.
Spoon level tablespoons of mixture, about 5cm apart on to lightly greased oven tray.
Sprinkle evenly with extra sugar.
Place in oven and cook for approx. 8 minutes, or until lightly brown and fluffy. Loosen cakes, cool on wire racks.
Serve warm or cold with extra butter.
- Make sure you give the cakes a good sprinkling of sugar as it creates a lovely taste to bite into on top.
- If you’re not a big fan of mixed spice, you can leave it and the rock cakes will still taste delicious!
- This recipe was created by for
’s best recipe finder. Kidspot, New Zealand