Chocolate chunk cookies recipe
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 250g chocolate chunks
- 1 ¼ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Heat oven to 180°C.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
Beat together the butter, peanut butter, caster sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until blended.
Stir in flour mixture until well blended and a dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chunks and chopped pecans.
Using a 1/4 cup measure, drop slightly rounded mounds of dough onto large un-greased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 5cm apart. Bake for approx. 13 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and lightly colored on top.
Remove from oven to cool for about 3 minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- I used chocolate chips instead of chocolate chunks – you’ll need about 1½ cups of chocolate chips to make up the 250g.
- This recipe makes a lot of cookies so you will need all the chips or chunks you have!
- This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies so it’s perfect for a big bake-up.
- Keep a close eye on the cookies as they cook because they burn easily!
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder