Chocolate Brownies recipe
- 125g unsalted butter
- 200g chocolate buttons
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 20cm x 31cm baking tray with foil, and then spray it with cooking spray and place to one side.
In a small saucepan melt butter and chocolate over a low heat. Once melted, add eggs and vanilla essence and beat to combine.
Add sugar, flour and baking powder, stir well to combine then pour into the baking tray.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven, cool on wire rack then cut into portions when cool.
- This is a great recipe for kids of all ages to help with and doesn’t take very long.
- Make sure your melted chocolate and butter isn’t really hot or your eggs will begin to cook - low heat is always best for melting chocolate.
- I coat my brownies with icing sugar but if you are up for the challenge make a ganache and store in an airtight container.
- When I bake, I try to use large eggs and if they are not available I’ll go up in size rather than down.
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.