Mini bacon and egg pies recipe
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1 large rasher bacon, rind removed and diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 210°C. Spray four individual tart cases with cooking spray.
Use an upside down saucer and cut out four rounds of puff pastry. Place pastry rounds in tart cases.
Crack one egg into each pastry base. Sprinkle the diced bacon evenly among the four tart cases.
Give each case a sprinkle of salt and pepper, add parsley if using then pinch the yolk with your fingers to break.
Place the pies into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from cases and serve hot or cold
- If you don’t have mini tart bases then a large muffin tray will work just as well.
- Instead of using pastry, you may prefer to try using sliced bread. Grab four slices and roll them out thin with a rolling pin, place them in the moulds and follow as above.
- Once cooked, I cool them and wrap them in glad wrap individually and freeze them. When I need them, I pop them straight into the kids’ lunch boxes and they are defrosted by lunch time.
Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.