Mary May's crunchy on toast recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce;
- 2 rashes finely chopped bacon
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheese ( (colby or cheddar or your favourite)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 8 pieces of bread
Melt butter in microwave then add to medium size mixing bowl with 1 egg; beat quickly with spoon.
Add remaining ingredients and stir.
Use a dessert spoon to spread the mix onto bread slices - make sure to spread the mix to the edges.
Put on a cookie sheet or similar and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees C (160 degrees C in fan forced oven) until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
Slice each piece of toast into quarters to make it more fun to eat.
- This is the perfect Sunday night dinner - easy, comfort food and the kids can help mix.