Chocolate chip cookies recipe
- 150g butter
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 13/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl, cream the butter, castor sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
Stir in the flour a little at a time. Stir in chocolate chips.
Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the baking tray evenly spaced apart to allow for the mix to spread.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden. Leave on the tray for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- These are perfect to make ahead and freeze for Christmas to give as gifts. I just increase the cooking time when cooking frozen cookie dough by 3-5 minutes.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
More Christmas recipes
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard