Warm chicken and Ranch dressing salad recipe
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Warm Chicken salad
- 1 tablespoon oil, such as grapeseed oil
- 500g sliced chicken breast fillets, approx. 1 cm thick
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced carefully
- 1-2 red apples, cored, and sliced finely
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 butter lettuce, washed and leaves separated into ‘cups’
In a mixing bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients together, cover and chill.
Bring a frying pan to medium heat, add the oil and fry the chicken slices
until cooked through and golden on all sides.
Toss the chicken and ranch dressing together with the remaining ingredients except for the lettuce.
Arrange a few lettuce leaves on each plate, and fill each ‘cup’ with salad. Serve immediately.
- I love this salad dressing - it’s really addictive! You can add some sour cream to this dressing to make it thicker if you like.
- You could add croutons to this recipe. Simply remove the crusts from a few slices of bread, chop up into cubes and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in an oven preheated to 180°C until golden and crisp.
- This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.