Crunchy chicken nuggets recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 500g boneless chicken breast (preferably free-range), cut into 4cm bite-sized pieces
Whisk together eggs and milk in a mixing bowl. Place cornflakes in a large ziplock bag.
Dip each chicken piece in the egg and milk, then into the bag of cornflake crumbs. Seal and shake well. Place the crumbed chicken pieces onto a plate.
Bring a non-stick frying pan to a low-medium heat, and fry nuggets in batches until golden on all sides and cooked through.
Serve immediately with wedge of lemon and barbecue sauce.
- Let you kids crush the cornflakes to make crumbs; they will love it!
- As you are cooking the nuggets, be careful not to let the heat get too high or the cornflakes will begin to burn. Between batches, use the spatula to remove any excess cornflakes in the pan.
- I like to use free-range chicken in recipes like this, where there is very little else going on in the recipe so you can really taste and appreciate the flavour of a free-range chicken.
This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.