Improve handwriting with printable mazes
Mazes are a fun activity for children which helps them learn to manipulate their fingers and develop muscle tone, strength and balance. Problem-solving with mazes requires your child to interact and concentrate in a fun way. Age isn't necessarily an advantage when it comes to problem-solving in mazes - chances are your cluey kid will beat you to the end.
Mazes and handwriting skills
Well before your child's ready to write his hands are getting ready. There are a series of small muscles in his hands and fingers that need to be developed to help with handwriting. Fine motor activities, such as mazes, are the perfect way to help develop these muscles.
The benefits of mazes
A maze might just look like a fun way to pass time, but they're actually a valuable learning tool for children. Here's why:
- For children, completing mazes is a great way to boost their problem solving skills.
- Solving mazes also boosts their patience and persistence and teaches them about the rewards of work.
- Mazes can also help improve a child's cognitive thought processes.
- Solving mazes are wonderful for improving hand-eye coordination.
- Concentrating on a maze also helps with memory too
Find printable mazes:
Find more about handwriting:
- Handwriting development pre-kinder
- Handwriting development in 5-6 year olds
- Handwriting development in 7-8 year olds
- Handwriting development in 9-10 year olds
- Handwriting development in 11-12 year olds
- Games and printable worksheets to improve handwriting
- Why dot-to-dots improve handwriting
Find more articles about learning games:
- Reading games for fun
- Host your own spelling bee
- Learning games with Kidspot's spelling scrambler
- Improve handwriting with printable mazes
- Handwriting fun with dot-to-dots
- Fun teaching ideas to learn left from right
- Addition facts and learning games
- Subtraction learning games
- Multiplication facts and learning ideas
- How to teach division
- What cooking will teach our kids