Banana mini muffins with cream cheese icing
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp bi-carbonate soda
- 3/4 cup banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 250g cream cheese
- 4 tbsp icing mixture
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
Preheat oven to 180å¡C.
Line a 24 cup mini muffin pan with patty pans.
Sift flour and bi-carb into a bowl and add brown sugar. Set aside.
In another bowl lightly beat the egg and add milk, vegetable oil and banana and stir.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
Spoon into muffin pans and bake for 10-12 mins.
To make the icing, warm the cream cheese in the microwave for one minute and add lemon zest and sifted icing mixture.
Beat with electric mixer for 2 mins.
Transfer into a piping bag immediately and pipe onto cooled muffins.
- These are great little bites size snacks for grown up parties. The icing is a real hit and stops the muffin from being too sweet.
- For a lunchbox size treat just scoop the mix into cupcake sized muffin pans and bake for 15-17 mins. You can freeze them straight away and pop them into lunchboxes frozen.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.