- 2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup unprocessed bran
- 1/2 cup linseed
- 2 x 7g satchets of yeast
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp honey
Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix all of the wet ingredients in a jug.
Mix wet and dry ingredients together and when well combined, cover the bowl with cling film and leave the bowl in warm place for the dough to prove (double in size) for an hour.
Dust some flour on your bench and turn out the dough. Knead until your dough is pliable and elastic.
Cover a baking tray with baking paper. Shape your bread rolls and place on the tray.
Cover with a tea towel and leave to rise again for 45mins.
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Bake rolls in oven for 20 minutes.
- You can brush these with a little milk before baking if you like them to look really golden.
- I made some round rolls, a plait and some knot rolls with mine.
- These are neither fast nor easy but they are still worthy of giving a go. The end result is some deliciously healthy rolls with linseeds dotted through them.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.