Honey soy chicken
- 125ml (1/2 cup) light soy sauce
- 80ml (1/3 cup) honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 chicken drumsticks
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Combine soy sauce, honey, lemon juice and garlic in a bowl and mix well.
Place the chicken drumsticks in an ovenproof dish in a single layer and pour the marinade over the top.
Cover the dish with foil and cook drumsticks in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the juices run clear when the drumsticks are pierced in the thickest part.
Turn the drumsticks and baste them with the marinade every 15 minutes.
Remove from oven, drain off marinade and cool to room temperature.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
If you want to reheat the drumsticks, preheat the oven to 140ºC. Place the drumsticks in an ovenproof dish and reheat them for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Find great BBQ Recipes:
- Easy lamb koftas
- Garlic and rosemary BBQ lamb
- Sticky 'n' sweet pork
- Spring lamb burgers
- Grilled chicken skewers
- Sausage salad
- When I finished cooking these I didn't want to waste that yummy marinade. I reduced it to a third of its original volume in a pan on the stove and poured it over the chicken before serving. It made a delicious sticky sauce.
- I also sprinkled a few sesame seeds over these before serving for garnish.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.